Ransomware Prevention & Remediation
At CDS Office Technologies, we work diligently to reduce the risks and costs to your organization before, during, and after an attack. Remediation planning allows our technicians to move swiftly and purposefully in order to restore operations as soon as possible. This is crucial to business recovery and continuity after a malicious ransomware attack.
Additionally, we believe that prevention is the best form of protection, which is why we offer a breadth of services to prevent dangerous ransomware threats as well as overall removal of viruses and malware from your IT environment. As part of our Managed Technology Services platform, you will benefit from a well-developed protection plan that continually safeguards your sensitive company information.
What is Ransomware?
According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, ransomware is one of the fastest growing cyber threats and will only become more and more sophisticated as the years progress. Ransomware is a form of malware that essentially holds someone’s computer files at electronic gunpoint and demands payment in return for the decryption key. While there are several different types of ransomware, what generally happens is that it finds its way onto your system through malicious websites and untrusted attachments in phishing emails. In many corporate situations, it acts sneakily by disguising itself as a shipping receipt or invoice, which may be items your employees open on a daily basis.
Once unleashed, the ransomware wreaks havoc by encrypting your files before opening a dialog box that asks for payment in the form of crypto-currency. Ransomware makes all of your stored computer data unavailable, including patron records, database information, documents, photos and videos, etc. This effectively disables critical business functions until you have no choice but to give into their demands.
If you are worried about the potential loss of sensitive or proprietary data, then seek protection from ransomware now.
Protect Against Ransomware
Everyone is vulnerable to ransomware. Attackers will target any organization of any size, including:
- Small to medium sized businesses
- Large corporations
- Healthcare providers
- School districts
- Government agencies
- Law enforcement agencies
If affected, your entire network may be encrypted, which means you will be locked out of the vital data that helps keep your organization running, such as confidential patient records, employee personal information, extensive database information, and more. In addition to the cost of the ransom, the downtime associated with ransomware will result in further loss of capital, regulatory fines, and potentially lost business. Ransomware has crippling long-term effects—but you are not defenseless.
If your IT environment is currently unprotected, your system is vulnerable to ransomware attacks. And the key to a rapid recovery from ransomware attacks is vigilance and an effective data protection plan from CDS Office Technologies that includes:
- Employee awareness & training: Most ransomware incidents occur due to human error. Regular cybersecurity training helps employees identify and respond to potential threats, such as phishing emails, suspicious websites, and weak passwords.
- Endpoint Protection: Endpoint protection is a multifaceted program designed to protect your workstations, servers, and devices. By pairing advanced endpoint detection & response (EDR), remote monitoring & management (RMM), business continuity & disaster recovery (BCDR) and more, your resources are better protected from all manner of threats.
- Data backup: Backups should be done on a regular basis and kept offline. With consistent monitoring of data backups online from CDS Office Technologies, if and when you are affected by ransomware, you can simply restore your system to the most recent backup. In fact, we can take care of this for you!
- Security Installation and Updates: If you are behind on security updates, you may be left just as vulnerable as before the installation of your security system. By utilizing the most up-to-date device protection methods, CDS Office Technologies will manage your software security updates as soon as they are available.
We also offer these additional features that help protect against ransomware and other threats through our Managed Technology Services program:
- Network assessment and inventory
- Proactive network and systems management
- Workstation patch management
- Spyware/Virus protection and prevention
- Real-time network monitoring
- Remote technical support
- 24×7 services available
- Monthly scheduled executive summary, including asset inventory report and software licensing report
Go to our Managed Technology Services page to learn more and to get started today!
Contact CDS Office Technologies
With ransomware likely to grow in occurrence and sophistication over the coming years, you simply cannot leave your IT environment vulnerable. At CDS Office Technologies, you have a full team analyzing and protecting all facets of your business.
If you’re not convinced, consider the benefits of our services:
- Comprehensive data and system security
- Predictable monthly cost
- Increased network, internet and system reliability
- Improved employee productivity
Contact us now to learn more about our complete solutions to prevent ransomware.